Friday, March 11, 2011

I Built A House...Almost

Writer's Thoughts,
I started out the week with several things on my list. I got to most of them. Today was out of the ordinary, as my thoughts were on a major happening.

 Here's the "how it's made" that I wanted to share with you. It's a house I built in 3D. I must say, after I finished this project for an upcoming animation, I had a much deeper respect for architects and those who build. Not that I ever thought less of the professions. My new level of wonder of their work went...through the roof.

Each of the elements in this very realistic looking house started from basic shapes. That is squares and triangles. The most difficult part was getting the correct scale. I had a lot of 'do overs.' I began from the 'ground' up. The house is actually hollow on the inside, like a doll house. I was able to place lights inside which created a nice glow, adding to the realism.

On the other projects, the music video montage I will show next week, and the work on the island story is going very well. I am looking forward to sharing it with you. As I was working today, I had to laugh at myself because the story projects I'm working on are so different from each other. But that's how I roll.  I call it "image catching." When an artist envisions something, we try to capture it before it gets away. Ideas can be like butterflies, if you don't go after them now, look how fast they disappear.

I hope you enjoy this little look at "how it's made."