Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Repeat: I Repeat

Writer's Thougths,
Yes, I did notice that I occasionally may repeat something I've written before. When I do that it's called 'searching for something to say.' This simply means, if there's been a lag between posts and I want to drop in and say something, but OMG, it's not significant, it's just saying "hi."

Wait a minute. I wrote about this before....New thought.

I've been pondering my story Candle Dance. Okay, it takes place in a Coney Island. Then, I thought what about a fruit stand? But that didn't seem to fit. How many animated  films are there where food is a major part of the scenery? I can think of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, Ratatouille...
Yes, fruit and vegetables are really good. Really.

I think about things like this when creating scenery. It's a decision of realism or idealism. The world as we see it, or the world as we dream it. I think it was Anton Chekov, who said something to this effect. In all fairness, I don't want to give any carrots a bad rap.

I will however, in the design process of this story, tone down what might be considered too high calorie. The only problem is I may not be sure of the caloric content of every image...:)