Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Brand New Day

Artist's Thoughts,
I got back into animating a short while ago. Not a long animation, only time consuming. One day it took roughly two hours to complete 2 seconds of animation. Like I've said before, it's a labor of love.

Over the past few months the lessons seemed to come in downpours. You know when you have too much on your plate when you feel some enthusiasm going out. Well, I'm happy to be back on course. My original plan was to create short short films, or pixeltunes. I have longer stories in mind and it's okay, but this may not be the time, as far as trying to animate them. Sometimes it's a clash between vision and resources. Sometimes it's constantly revising until it's just right.

Another reason for staying with the original plan, has to do with the whole point of maintaining a blog. I mean, I could wait until a project is totally finished which could take several months. Or, keep things in a format to stay in contact on a regular basis.

My last blog was about keeping things simple. Going without a set menu, for the summer, gives more freedom to explore ideas, and keep the fun revived.

I can't go without mentioning the you factor. You keep me inspired to press on.

It's a brand new day.