Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Genre

I did some reading on different film genres. I must say, I've learned a lot of new things. Specifically, Sci-Fi and what makes it unique. There are many elements that make this genre quite fascinating to me.

In the past, I didn't give much thought to genre. Now I see the importance of having a road map which makes the writing process a lot more focused and interesting. Of the many Sci-Fi films I've seen in the past of the H.G. Wells variety, I never applied that term 'out-loud' for fear of sounding too 'geeky.'

However, I can now walk into a crowded room, find a corner and quietly whisper to anyone who is in earshot "I like Sci-Fi!" Okay. I'm free.

 I was surprised to discover that I have three stories that actually fall into this category. Three! Cool! This does not mean that I'm locked in to one particular style. I like to keep my writing options open.

But it does suggest that I've found a zone that my heart and mind seem to really enjoy.

I know, that's so E.T.