Friday, September 10, 2010

Dancin Up The Downbeat

Writer's Thoughts-
I am very excited about the animation projects that are currently in the works. Lately, the themes that keep surfacing to me is 'dance.' Perhaps, this comes from reading about the days during the Great Depression when some of the most inspiring songs, and some of the most popular dance steps were born. Was it merely escapism? Or, rather optimism? Life imitating art, or art imitating life?

Regardless of the answer, one thing is clear, creative people always look for ways to inspire, and celebrate the good, even in difficult times. My upcoming project includes an "emotionally sensitive" jukebox, and a teenage gang runner with a softspot for candles. No, this isn't a story about an arsonist. It's actually about a character from a previous story, that is in flashback mode. I hope I've whet your curiousity. And, there's the music-driven "Dancetown." Please stay tuned.